Monday, June 29, 2009

Dexter Season 1

Because my TV shows are on summer hiatus, I started watching a new show, Dexter. I just finished the first season. Laura bought it for me as a Christmas present, and I saved it for the summer. Dexter is a one-hour drama on Showtime in which Michael C. Hall plays a serial killer. That was all I knew about the show before I decided to watch it. Well that, and it is supposed to be really good. And it came through for me.

Dexter works for the police as a blood splatter expert. He analyzes blood splatter and recreates the crime. It goes hand in hand with his "hobby" as a serial killer. He kills only murderers who get away or will get away. Also, Dexter is more than just a serial killer. He has many levels that are slowly peeled away in each episode. He calls himself a monster and believes it is his nature to kill. He hates himself for it. You learn a lot about him and what made him what he is. The show is really gruesome too...you see a lot of blood, guts, dead people and body parts. Yuck. I lose my appetite when watching the show. However, that didn't stop me. I kept watching and just made sure not to snack at the same time.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Tara tried to make me watch these, but after watching one episode, I returned the DVDs to her. How can you relate to a character that likes to cut people open? It's freaky.

Tara said...

Yeah, it is definitely not everyone's cup of tea. But Tina, you need to diversify...and get away from kid shows. Bazinga!