Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Love Zombies!

Hi, my name is Tina and I love Zombie movies! I tell people that and they just nod their head in mock appreciation. It's my guilty pleasure! You have to appreciate the zombies' relentlessness and stoic behavior as they bite a person's face off. The scariest thing about them is their combination of instincts and nonchalance. All they want to do is eat you and they don't care if you're shooting their limbs off one by one. Make one mistake and a zombie will be on top of you. It's scary just thinking about it.

When I watch a zombie movie, what I'm interested in is how one becomes a zombie. For instance in 28 Days Later, if a zombie gets its fluids in an orifice like your eye or a wound, you're a goner. In Dawn of the Dead, after you are bitten by a zombie, you will become one, but only after you die. I believe for Resident Evil you'll become a zombie immediately after being bitten.

As for the most recent zombie movie, Zombieland, it brings up the debate of slow verses fast-moving zombies. I have to admit that a zombie chasing after you is awfully freaky. But I myself think zombies should stay slow because it's just plain creepy and shouldn't they be brain dead? It just makes sense. A good zombie movie is like a good vampire movie, it has rules that everybody has to live or die by.

4 comments:

dogimo said...

I think the scariest thing about zombies, the real horror, is the idea of becoming one. Something so alien, so dead to the beauty of life and love, and yet you would keep on and on in your new horrible life, insatiable for flesh, rotting slowly.

Missy May said...

I have been wanting to see Zombieland! It looks kinda scary because the zombies run. One zombie movie movie I recommend, "Fido".
It's cute!
-Missy May

Tara said...

Haha! I always knew you were a freak, Tina. You forgot I Am Legend. The zombies in that movie were fast and turned you with just one bite. Loved it!

Tina said...

I'm so excited. Actual people are commenting on my blog post. It almost makes me want to blog more...the optimal word is almost.