Thursday, January 14, 2010

Spiderman on a Segway (Draft)

Because I've been away for too long, I am gifting you with a song...okay, not really. I just wanted to rhyme there. Here is an awesome poem instead, about my adventures in the past couple weeks.

----------------

We rushed off to Orlando where life is a breeze.
Little did we know that our asses would freeze.
I didn't bring enough warm clothes--gloves or a hat.
Unfortunately, Walmart had already run out of that.

No matter, we layered with what we got
And pretended that we were somewhere hot.
We visited Universal and Disney by day.
At night we tried to avoid the buffet.

But one time we went to Golden Corral to eat.
And stuffed our faces with potatoes and meat.
Then back at our condo, we watched the tube.
We also played battleship and rummikub.

The Cat and the Hat was our very first ride.
Our faces lit up, freeing the tiny kid inside.
We continued on and ended in Marvel town.
There you won't ever see Laura frown.

I saw Spiderman and Wolverine on ATVs.
Laura missed it and wasn't pleased.
I described them in not quite the right phrase.
Laura imagined her heroes riding segways.

We laugh to the point of tears at the thought.
Then the park closed, and we were overwrought.
The next couple days was our turn at Disney.
I discovered a show that caused me much glee...

(to be continued...)

----------------

Sorry, can't finish now. Time for bed. But stay tuned for more and maybe even a twist at the end...okay, probably not.

1 comment:

Kate said...

H ah that is a great poem. I have missed you guyts - have been catching up on all my favourite reading today. Hope you had a great Christmas

Kate xx