Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Close Talkers

When it comes to my family and close friends, I have no personal bubble at all. I'll hug you and kiss you and basically climb on top of you to show affection. However, at work, I have a huge personal bubble. When people come into my office, I prefer that they stay on the other side of my desk. But people always always come around my desk to talk to me or to show me a document. All of this can be done on the other side of my desk. Sometimes, they stand right next to my chair, and I have to crank my neck up to look at them. That is not comfortable nor necessary. It's awkward.

The worst are close talkers. I've encountered quite a few. I'll see them at the end of the hallway and call out to them either in greeting or with a question. And soon they are inches from my face. I literally have to take a step back or I'd go cross-eyed trying to look them in the face. I like you, but I don't like you THAT much. I really need my personal space.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, I think this is the first post in 3 Sister Blog history that does not include a picture. Congrats!

Tara said...

Yeah, I didn't know what pic would go with the topic. Fail.