Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Laura After Getting Her Wisdom Teeth Taken Out

Our telephone conversation after the surgery:

Laura: Mwa mwa mwa mwa...
Tara: Honey, I have no idea what you are saying.
Laura: Mwa mwa...cotton balls...mwa mwa.
Mom (in the background): Stop talking!
Laura: Mwa mwa mwa mwa mwa mwa...
Tara: Call me later when you can talk. I can't understand you.

Five minutes later, Laura calls me back.

Laura: Mwa mwa Tara. Did I call you already?
Tara: Yes, you did.
Laura: Oh...I am seeing double right now. Mwa mwa mwa...
Mom (in the background): Stop talking!
Laura (incoherently): I want to take the cotton balls out.
Mom (in the background): Nooo!
Laura: Did I call you already?
Tara: Yes, honey.
Laura: I called Pina too.
Laura (to mom): Mom, did I call Pina?
Mom (in the background): What?
Laura (to mom): Did I call Peeeennnna?
Mom (in the background): What?
Laura (to mom): Did I call Peeeennnna, my boyfriend?
Tara (in head): Oooohh, Peter...not Tina.
Laura: I called Pina, and he didn't understand me. And I also called Pina.
Tara: Honey, I barely understand you.

Laura doesn't remember this conversation at all. Lucky for her, I transcribed it.

2 comments:

Laura said...

You should include that I called Peter 3 times and asked him the same question (What are you doing?) every time! Haha, I seriously didn't remember calling him and asking each time. He was like, "Are you serious? You just asked me this. You really don't remember the answer?!" He had trouble understanding me too.

Wish I knew what all the mwa mwa's meant.

Tara said...

I wish I did too, I wish I did too...