Friday, October 2, 2009

That's It! I'm Making Huz Carry Tic Tacs in His Pocket!

I don't know what it is, but I am a very jumpy person. I jump and scream at the slightest provocation. Okay, fine. I'm a wuss. A big big wuss. You happy now? I don't watch scary movies or TV shows about the paranormal. I don't even watch true mystery shows at night by myself because I think the voice over is scary. Am I right?!? I can't be the only one. I don't read scary books either. If I see a large bug even one that is like five feet away from me, I'll still scream. I know that there is no way it will hurt me or crawl on me or anything, but it freaks me out.

Anyway, this is kinda stupid, but Huz scares me all the time. He doesn't hide behind doors or sneak up on me and yell "Boo!" or anything like that. (Well, maybe sometimes.) Instead, he silently walks into the room, and, when I turn to find him suddenly next to me, I scream my head off. He always has this stupid smirk on his face like he has done nothing wrong and thinks I am mental. Okay, fine, I am. But he is so damn quiet! Before I know it, he materializes right next to me. He knows how jumpy I get!

So he did this to me AGAIN! I came home and noticed that he was in the basement. I go into the kitchen to put my groceries down and turn to put something away. And there he is, turning the corner into the kitchen. Of course, I scream. And he has this innocent look on his face and says "What?" I yell at him for scaring me half to death, and he responds that he was just coming upstairs to say hello. I tell him that he is just too damn quiet when he enters a room. He asks me how else is he supposed to do it. Then I show him. I stomp loudly in place and say aloud "I am coming into the room now." I think that makes perfect sense, right? Everyone should do that.

I've said this many times, but I am for real this time. I am going to make him carry Tic Tacs in his pocket. That way, I can hear him coming. It's like that Seinfeld episode about that stealthy guy at Elaine's office. Furthermore, I have this sneaking suspicion that Huz is doing it on purpose. I just know it!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Haha You guys are cute. Yeah, you're unusually jumpy.

Remember when you used to live at my house and I would jump out at you almost every time you would come out of a bathroom. You screamed every time. Muahah!

Tara said...

I remember that! You were an little evil demon child. Haha!

Vanessa said...

I am the same way! I unnecessarily jump at Kevin a lot, he calls me "Spaz". Do you also change the channel when a scary movie trailer comes on? Or is that just me?

Tara said...

Haha! We are so alike! I change the channel or look away during a scary movie trailer. I remember when I was the one who dragged you to scary movies. Now not so much.

Anonymous said...

your huz is a ninja

Tara said...

LOL. He wishes.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tara,

I think we might be related. I am an "Only"... is there any chance that your parents may have misplaced another daughter at a McDonald's in Rhode Island about 26 years ago? (McDonald's just seems like the logical place for me to have been discovered.)

Tara said...

Dear txtingmrdarcy,

Hmmm...I'll check with my mom. Don't know if she's ever been to Rhode Island. But it would make sense that she wouldn't tell us especially because of her secret McDonald's baby. But I'll be sure to force it out of her.

And if you are our illegitimate sister, we can change this blog to The 4 Sisters. Awesome.

Tara