Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's Up with Taylor Swift Songs and Grown Men?

I had that new Taylor Swift song stuck in my head all weekend. While hanging out with Huz and blogging, I was singing the song...half mumbly cuz I didn't really know all the words. I sang, "she wears high heels. I wear t-shirts..." I didn't get to sing anything else before Huz corrects me and tells me it's "I wear sneakers." First I was like "Huh? What? What did I even say?" I wasn't even paying attention. Then I was like "really?" Huz knew the words to Taylor Swift.

There's something about Taylor Swift songs and grown men. Huz's cousin admitted that he liked her songs, which was followed by Huz's enthusiastic agreement. Wow, I say, wow. The best part was when Huz's cousin was telling Huz he liked the song that went like this: "Romeo take me somewhere, we can be alone. I'll be waiting; all there's left to do is run." Then Huz agreed and started singing some lyrics: "she wears short skirts. I wear t-shirts." I'm like "Dude, you guys are singing two different songs by Taylor Swift." Awesome.

Then on Sunday, in the middle of a Chinese restaurant, I found myself singing trio with Huz and his brother. "But she wears short skirts. I wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain. And I'm on the bleachers." It was pretty epic, I have to admit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome post.

-huz's cousin.

Laura said...

Oh dear.

Tara said...

Awesome. LOL.