Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My Huge Noggin

The other day, I was at the Gap. I saw one of those cute hats with the flappy ears. So I tried it on, but it didn't fit. I thought it might be a size small. I looked at the tag. Turns out it was M/L...for men. Bahhh!!

I have a humongous noggin. I already knew that. Don't know why I was that surprised when I saw the size. I guess I am in denial.

When Huz and I rented mopeds in Oahu, I had to get a helmet. The rental guy was soooo nice because he thought my head was a medium. Why thank you, sir. I gave him a skeptical look. He noticed but told me to try the medium anyway. Of course, it didn't friggin' fit. So he gave me a large. Keep in mind that they don't differentiate between women's and men's.

I put it on. And I was convinced that large was my size because come on, how could I be any bigger than that? So I told the guy it was good. I kept it on while we were filling out paperwork. After wearing it for a few minutes, I turned to Huz and whispered that I may need to try the XL helmet. Huz told me to just change it. So I sheepishly told the guy that I need to go up a size. He gave me this look of "WTF, lady, is your head really THAT big?" So he handed me the XL helmet. Then he said in all seriousness, I don't have anything larger than XL. Really?? I would die if I had to wear an XXL. I'll force my head into that XL even if it kills me.

The XL helmet fit perfectly. I was glad I ended up changing it. It was a lot more comfortable. But I looked silly as hell. Didn't help that the back of the black helmet had a large white tape with the letters XL in bold black letters. How embarrassing. Huz thought it was hilarious though. Hmph.

With that helmet on, my head looked like a grapefruit on a toothpick.

Yeah, I have a giant head. But I need it to fit my enormous brain. =p

5 comments:

Tara said...

So you all agree that I have an enormous brain. Yes! I knew it!

Laura said...

Lol for some reason i just didnt have a comment to this post. You said it all, sister.

Thank god i dont have a big noggin like yours.. even though i feel like my head's big. I swear my heads bigger than yours...

Tara said...

It's a fact of my life...no comments necessary.

Vanessa said...

Lisa rented mopeds when she was here, and they gave her a size too big...it flew off her head while she was on the road! So yeah, umm, opposite problem from yours :oP

Tara said...

I definitely didn't have that problem. Huz reassures me that it's my thick hair. But I wanna cry!