Saturday, February 6, 2010

This Blizzard Just Might Kill Me (Part 1)

I had plans with a friend last night that I didn't want to cancel. Plus I didn't believe that the weather was going to be as bad as they say. Blizzard? Yeah right. My firm even closed early in anticipation of the snow. I laughed! Like really. The snow was purportedly supposed to start in the afternoon. There wasn't any snow even when I left work.

At my friend's house, we made and ate dinner, and it still hadn't started snowing yet. We even started a movie, and still no snow. Then later in the night, we finally see it. There was already 2-3 inches on the ground. I for some reason wasn't worried. Bah, whatever, I thought. Let's finish watching the movie, and then I'll head out.

By the time I left his house, there was a lot more snow on the ground. I was walking to my car to drive home. But there was only one problem. My car was gone.

I didn't realize I parked on a snow emergency route. All cars on that road had been towed. My friend said that they sometimes just move the car to another street. I really hoped that was the case because the alternative was a lot worse--that my car was impounded, which would really effing suck.

So we set out in search of my car. I pressed my car alarm every time I saw a silver car. "Here car car," I said. We only walked a few blocks, and I had a sort of feeling about this one street. So I insisted we try it. The next moment, I heard the sweet sound of my car alarm. Yes!!

However, by this time, the snow was really falling. I knew the ride home was not going to be fun. I didn't live very close either. Probably more than 30 miles away.

I drove not one minute before I realized that driving home was probably a baaaaddd idea. But I was determined to get home. I wanted desperately to be home.

I also wanted to live, so I took my time. I didn't drive any faster than 30 mph. Yes, I realize that is slow. But I didn't want to risk going any faster.

My heart was pounding. My palms were sweaty, and my body was rigid. I was a nervous wreck. Slowly but surely, I made my way home. I made it alive!! I only had to endure one long tortuous hour of terror, stress, and every other horrible emotion you can imagine. But I was home!!

All I could think was, "That was the stupidest thing I've ever f**king done!" Never again.

You'd think I was done doing stupid things. Well, then you'd be wrong. The story unfortunately doesn't end there.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

LOL at "Blizzard? Yeah right...I laughed! Like really." Sounds exactly like me.. I am always skeptical. I don't know why though, cuz usually the meterologists are right :oP

Tara said...

You know we are getting more snow tomorrow! What the heck! But I'm sure it won't be THAT bad. Tehe.