Friday, April 3, 2009

Mika

I recently fell in love with Mika's (pronounced Mee-ka) album, Life in Cartoon Motion. It's hard to explain the genre but I guess it's pop. His recent biggest hit is "Lollipop."

Some of my favorite songs are:
Lollipop
Grace Kelly
Love Today
Billy Brown
Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

His songs are really catchy and poppy. Before you know it, you'll be doing the running man and shaking your booty to his music!

Random facts about Mika:
-He was born in Beurit, Lebonon
-He had problems with dyslexia when he was young
-His name is actually Mica, but he changed the "c" to a "k" because he was frustrated with people who had problems pronouncing his name
-His sister Yasmine, who works as an artist, painted the cartoon art for his album Life in Cartoon Motion, and she is currently a fashion designer.

Because I don't particularly love all of the songs on this album, I'll give it 4.5 stars. Sorry, Mika! I love you!

No comments: