Tuesday, July 21, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

I watched the movie, He's Just Not That Into You, and damn was it depressing. I even felt insecure for a second after watching it, and I am married!! Is that how the dating scene is nowadays? I am just curious...and am glad to have no part of it. I have no patience for drama and games, which I am guessing dating is all about, right? Keep in mind that I have no basis for that statement whatsoever.

Even though the premise of the movie was somewhat depressing, it had its charms. And you got some happy endings, if not all, despite the title of the movie. I got some insights too. Well, of course, number one, he's just not that into you...really. Number two, someone is to blame for women's insecurities and craziness. Based on the movie, it is the fault of their endlessly encouraging mothers and girlfriends who won't just tell them the cold hard truth. They are to blame for giving a poor woman hope based entirely on nothing at all...on some story about a random girl who is usually a friend of a friend of a friend who got her happy ending--love, marriage, kids. Like the movie said, she is the exception, not the rule. We are the rule; you are the rule. Get it? I don't know if I agree with that, but I thought it was clever and funny. Well, that's all I've got. Yeah, the movie really wasn't that insightful.

No comments: