Monday, March 2, 2009

The Lonely Island's "Incredibad"

Ever heard of Andy Samberg? He's that guy in Hot Rod (that movie that you never saw because it looked so bad). He's also in SNL! He's most known for the music video he did with Justin Timberlake called "D%#k in a Box." I love that song! It's hilarious!

Well, Andy Samberg teamed up with his two best friends, Akiva Schaffer and Jorma Taccone, and created a comic group called The Lonely Island. They not only make movies (Hot Rod), they make music! They put together an album called Incredibad. This entire album is made up of hilariously griddy hip hop/rap songs, that are nonetheless, really catchy. Some of my favorites are "Lazy Sunday," "Like a Boss," and "Dream Girl."

Plenty of famous actors or singers are also featured in these songs. "I'm on a Boat" features T-Pain, "Sax Man" is entirely sung by Jack Black, and, believe it or not, Nathalie Portman has her own rap where she says plenty of foul, obnoxious things. But it's all a joke! Haha, she's not really like that. It's hilarious to imagine pretty, little Nathalie Portman saying things like, "When I was in Harvard I smoked weed everyday. I cheated every test and snorted all the yay." This is one of the only lines I could find that didn't have a curse in it.

So Incredibad is out in stores. There are hilarious YouTube videos for songs like: "J%$z in my Pants," "D&#k in a Box," "Space Olympics," "Lazy Sunday," "I'm on a Boat," and "We Like Sports."

From the titles, some of the songs may sound pretty gross, but they're actually really funny! I recommend this album to anyone with a gritty sense of humor!

This album obviously has crude language. Please keep it from the ears of children!

PS. It's my birthday today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine! Since you took the trouble to blog about it, I'll finally try to listen to the songs.

Laura said...

Hm. I don't know if you'll like it.. =/ Maybe

Anonymous said...

Wow Laura, I thought that stood for Duck or it was actually spelled "D&#k", there goes Tiffany & Co...One of the contestants on "A shot at love" did this, haha
Happy belated Birthday, It's March already?!?!