Friday, March 20, 2009

Party Down Premieres Tonight

Rob Thomas, not the musician but the creator of Veronica Mars, has a new show called Party Down that premieres tonight at 10:30pm on Starz. If you miss it, it's on demand, so no worries. If you don't have Starz, then too bad. Party Down is about a bunch of would-be actors whose day jobs got them working for a catering company. Week after week, you'll see these actors cater crazy parties and wait on crazy quests. The tagline is "Follow these engaging wannabes as they wait on guests while waiting on something better to come along." Should be interesting.

I am definitely going to catch the show. I probably shouldn't because I have way too many shows I am already watching. But I love love Veronica Mars. And if Rob Thomas can bring the magic again, then I want to be there to witness it. He is great with witty dialogue, so I am sure Party Down will be good. Also, Party Down is basically a Veronica Mars reunion. You'll see Vinnie, Dick Casablancas and Mr. Wu again. Kristin Bell and Jason Dohring are even supposed to guest star at some point. How cool is that? Furthermore, I love Lizzy Caplan. She is not in a lot of movies, but I have always remembered her from Mean Girls. She is the goth chick who conspires with Lindsey Lohan to get back at the mean girls. She was awesome in that movie. Martin Starr from Freaks and Geeks is on the show. He is almost unrecognizable now. If you didn't know, he was the really nerdy skinny kid from Freaks and Geeks and is in several of Judd Apatow's recent movies. See what I mean?!?!

No comments: