Sunday, February 22, 2009

Barney Stinson: The Awesomest Character on TV

You remember Doogie Howser, M.D. I used to love that show. I never thought I'd see the kid star again. But now Neil Patrick Harris stars in How I Met Your Mother and plays the awesomest character on TV, Barney Stinson.

Barney Stinson is a womanizer who never leaves home without a suit and always tries to get his friends to "suit up!" He loves to play lazer tag. He does awesome magic tricks, especially to impress girls. He works for a big corporation and makes tons of money, but no one knows exactly what he does for a living. He has rules of life by which he lives, like the platinum rule, the chain of screaming, the bro code, and the hot/crazy scale. He also has a blog, so he must be cool. ;) He is the definition of awesomeness.

He has the best catch phrases too. Here are some good ones.

- "Suit up!" There are other variations like "Birthday Suit Up!" "Ladies, slut up!" "Penguin suit up!" "Space suit up!" "Snowsuit up!" "Flight suit up!"

- "It's going to be legendary!"

- "What uuuupppp!"

- "Haaaaaaave you met Ted?"

Below are some funny quotes. Love it!

- "Hey, Loser, how's not playing laser tag? Because playing laser tag is awesome!"

- "Phone-five! . . . You didn't phone-five, did you? I know when you don't phone-five, Ted!"

- "When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story."

- "Wow. Ted, you're gonna have to find a new gender for yourself, because I'm revoking your dude membership."

- "It's quid pro bro."

- "You are forcing me to be the voice of reason. And that’s not a good look for me!"

- "For the first time...EVER...the three of us are single at the same time. I've dreamed about this day, boys, and it is going to be LE-GEN-DARY. Together we will own this city. Any time a girl wants to get back at her ex-boyfriend, we'll be there. Any time a girl wants to...solve her father issues through promiscuity and binge drinking WE WILL BE there. Any time a bachelorette party drives through the city in a limo, sticking their heads out the sunroof, shouting "WHAT'S UP NEW YORK!!," we will be what is 'up' New York!"

- "Look at you, ya beautiful bastard! You suited up! This is totally going in my blog!"

No comments: