Friday, February 6, 2009

Stephen King Says "Stephenie Meyer Can't Write Worth a Darn."

That's a fight in my neighborhood. No, seriously, that would be a literal fight. Laura would be scratching his eyes out while I try to hold her back. Down, girl, down…especially after what I am about to say. Sorry, but I kinda agree with his statement. But don't get me wrong, I love the Twilight Series. I've read them all twice save the last one. However, the second time around, I paid more attention to the writing. I already knew what was going to happen, so I was not completely and utterly engrossed in the story like I was the first time. Sometimes, I had to reread certain parts to really understand what she was trying to say. The writing was confusing at times. She expressed Bella's love for Edward by literally stating it, instead of making us feel it through subtle writing. She would repeat that all Bella can think about is Edward, Bella needs to be near him at all times, it causes her physical pain when he is not around, she has to spend every waking minute with him. I mean I guess that's what teenage love is about…but do you have to say it a million times? That being said, I think she is definitely improving as a writer. Breaking Dawn and The Host have some pretty good writing in them.

King made other statements about Twilight that I don't agree with. Click here for the article. He said that Meyer is "opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books." That is just weird, dude.

Laura will hopefully give you her take on Twilight because she is a total twi-hard. Yeah, I am down with the lingo.

No comments: