Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hunger Games

I recently read this young adult novel, because my all-time favorite author, Stephenie Meyer, had recommended it. And yes, I listen to her every word. Why? Well, because I worship her, that's why! Simple as that!

Anyway, back to the subject. I read this novel, and I really liked it. It can be best described as a futuristic distopia. It's not exactly a sci-fi per say, but it has elements of one. I thought it was really entertaining. It never got boring, there was always some type of action. The story was really different from anything I have ever read. Although in the beginning, I thought some sentences were written a little awkward, the writing really improved as the story went on. (FYI, I'm a real critic about construction.)

My only warning is that it's a trilogy. I did not know that going in, so at the end I was extremely disappointed, because they definitely leave you wanting more. I think people down the hall of my dorm heard me when I shouted, "Noooooo". But it's definitely still worth the read!

The sequel, Catching Fire, comes out in September, so be prepared to wait a while to read more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was one of the books I bought Jed for Christmas