Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Demetri Martin's New Comedy Show

I don't know much about comedians. But ever since I saw Demetri Martin on a Comedy Central special several years ago, I have always remembered him and wondered if I'd ever see him again. I kept hearing that he would get a show on Comedy Central. And it finally happened. His new show is called Important Things with Demetri Martin and premiered tonight at 10:30pm. I would have posted something earlier but just remembered today.

He has a dry sense of humor and is known for witty one-liners. He is really random...switching from one subject to the next. His new show is definitely like that too. He often uses music and art in his act. He always has a sketch pad on stage. If you've never seen him before, then it may sound kinda kooky. But he is pretty freakin' funny. Here are some of his old material:

"I got some new pajamas with pockets in them, which is great because I used to have to hold stuff when I slept."

"If I ever see an amputee getting hanged, I'll just yell out letters. R...E...S...T"

"I like digital cameras. Because they enable you to reminscence immediately."

Tonight's show wasn't a bad start. I will definitely keep watching. The premise of the show is that each episode is about a particular thing. Tonight's theme was timing. Here are some funny jokes:

"I was in a building. And I saw a door that said 'Keep closed at all times.' You're thinking of a wall, dude. That's a waste of a door."

"I wonder if there were any Goths in Gothic times. Be like, 'You look completely appropriate. You don't look stupid or lonely at all.'"

No comments: