Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chicken N' Dumplings

I tried a new recipe this weekend--chicken n' dumplings. I've been meaning to try out some new crockpot recipes because I haven't made one that I am in love with yet. But oh, how I wish I would because using a crockpot is so simple and easy. You just throw in a bunch of stuff in the morning, and something hopefully will come out delicious for dinner.

This time, it wasn't bad. Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 or 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 onion, finely diced
2 cans mixed vegetables
1 can chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
salt & pepper
2 (10 oz.) packages of refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces

Directions:
1. Place everything except the biscuit dough in the crockpot. May need to add extra water to cover.
2. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours. Then place the torn biscuit dough in the crockpot. Cook for about an hour until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

So does the picture of my chicken n' dumpling look any good? It looks kinda like curry tofu...yum...

I am always trying out new recipes. Check back for more.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Tara, I know you wanted me to comment on your Chicken Dumplings, but isn't it enough that I didn't comment. 'Cause it looks weird, but I'm sure it tasted pretty good.