Monday, September 7, 2009

The End of Summer

Summer is over. My favorite season. I miss it as soon as it ends. And I can't wait for it to come back again. I prefer the scorching hot weather to the freezing cold. I prefer summer activities to winter sports. I love everything about summer, but below are my top ten favorite things:

10. Lighter traffic on the way to and from work
9. Swimming
8. Barbecues
7. Fresh fruit, especially blueberries, cherries and watermelon
6. The slow pace of summer
5. Soft serve ice cream
4. The beach
3. Long days and short nights
2. Summer fashion, especially dresses, sandals and flip flops
1. The hot/warm weather

I definitely didn't take the opportunity to fully enjoy summer this year. But that always seems to be the case. Before I knew it, summer was nearing its end. And there was just not enough time left. I hadn't been to the beach enough. I only went to like three barbecues. I want more Dairy Queen blizzards. And I didn't spend enough time outdoors. Sigh. Good-bye, summer. See ya next year.

2 comments:

Tina said...

I feel the exact same way. Well, I am a teacher, so we get the summers off. =) So that's more reason to love summer.

Vanessa said...

Summer is your favorite season? You guys should move here with me then!!! I actually am a fall girl... I love the boots and chilly (but not freezing) weather and the scarves and the colorful leaves.