Friday, December 18, 2009

A Nice, Firm Handshake

Yes, it's Tara blogging on a Friday afternoon. You must be thinking "what the heck is going on?" Or you probably didn't notice. I just like to think that you people care. =p Anyway, if you must know, I left work early for an appointment and am now home.

TV in the afternoon sucks, man! There is absolutely nothing to watch. Okay, I lied. I am watching my go-to movie when there is nothing else--You've Got Mail! Otherwise, there is really nothing on TV except for Judge Judy and According to Jim. Ack! So that's why I'm blogging. Haha.

Anyway, to my real topic...handshakes. At my appointment, I shook hands with the strongest woman I've ever met! Okay, not really. But damn, her handshake was like a death grip crushing my finger bones. And she didn't let go for a good five seconds. That is one long and overly firm handshake.

Ever since my undergrad business classes, it has been drilled into my brain that handshakes are important in making a first impression. And to make a good impression, your handshake must be firm.

So I really hate it when women do that soft and flimsy hand-holding thing instead of a real handshake. They would put their fingers (not their whole hand) gently into mine and barely even squeeze. It's just weird. It feels like I should kiss their ring or something.

If I don't get that, I get the kung-fu death grip. Huz was there and even agreed with me. I didn't know what to make of it. Did she not realize how tight her grip was on our hands?

I'm just asking for something in between...a nice, firm handshake. It tells me you mean business. But more importantly, a bad handshake won't be the only thing I remember about you. And you know I won't stop ragging on it. Hehe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree! When I was in the Air Force we got it drilled into our heads...but the death grip kills me, lol!

I really think we should have a handshake class--now that would be a beneficial class for us all, right?!

xoxo and I love your blog!

Tara said...

Hi, Chelle! Welcome to our blog! The death grip handshake would be cool in the Air Force! Like "Don't mess with me because I CAN kill you." Haha.