Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanks and Slaps

I do not have a post in mind.
So instead I'm going to rhyme
And tell you what you've missed.
Read on and do not resist.

I gave many thanks and slaps last week
while eating a bird minus the beak.
Hours before I was cooking away,
The meal was soon over to my dismay.

Next was shopping on a black night.
We continued on until it was light.
I purchased a pretty Kate Spade tote,
And Tina bought a J. Crew coat.

We started off with steps full of spring.
Then poor lil' Laura didn't get a thing.
By the end, I wobbled, and Laura did weep.
Huz woke up when I went to sleep.

Then movies, leftovers, shopping, and more fun.
Before I knew it, the weekend was done.
Sunday I flew to Austin for work.
At least I got room service as a perk.

I also got pumpkin lattes with foam.
But I still couldn't wait to get home.
But the airline canceled my late flight.
And I was miserable because of my plight.

I was exhausted and in a haze.
I missed a bunch of work in those three days.
So I've been toiling away to catch up,
Drinking coffee cup after cup.

But I did take a break to watch Top Chef.
Fortunately, my favorite chefs are left!
Lots to blog about but no words are down.
Please forgive me, I've been out of town.

I'll try not to be away again for so long.
Hopefully this makes up for the wrong.
See now there's a post that's new!
Lots of love from this blog to you.

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

OMG...pumpkin lattes. I've been ordering them recently to pretend that I feel an autumn/winter chill in the Hawaiian air. In my flip-flops.

Cute poem :o)

Tina said...

Your poems are always so good. I liked the 100th Post one too. My sisters are so talented...that's why there was none left for me. =(

Tara said...

Thanks for the compliments! I try.

Pumpkin lattes are sooooo good. I want to divorce Huz and marry them.

You have talents, Tina. There, there. I just can't think of any right now. Haha. Jk.

Anonymous said...

if you get a latte in trade for huz
it's more xbox time for him and cuz

you should knoow why they call it a latte,
because it costs a latte


-huz's cuz

Tara said...

Oh.my.God. I can't believe you actually rhymed...although technically a word can't rhyme with itself, but I let that pass. You gave me a good laugh, and that's all that counts.

Anonymous said...

whoa whoa whoa. you criticized the structure of my rhyme? just so you know, mind doesn't ryhme with ryhme, missed doesn't rhyme with resist, and chef doesn't work with left.

haa.

-huz's cuz

Anonymous said...

well...those three don't work unless you speak like kanye at least...who pretty much sucks.

Tara said...

You stupid head!! Maybe my poem was meant to be a rap! Word!

Laura said...

Actually I have to side with huz's cuz. He meant a latte as in "a lot ay." So that's actually not meant as the same word as latte.