Monday, December 21, 2009

Kettle Corn

We had our departmental holiday dinner last week where we did the white elephant exchange. I was stressed about it because I wanted to make up for my lousy present from last year--a shower radio. Apparently, it wasn't as cool as I thought it was. Also, everyone was doing a lot of trash-talking this year, saying theirs were going to be the best. My one co-worker had ordered her present several weeks in advance and kept talking up her gift. After much debate, I ended up getting the gumball machine, and it was a hit! Yay! And my trash talking co-worker got totally owned because two other people actually had the same gift--a snuggie! Haha. I admit that it's not a bad gag gift, but it was unfortunately very unoriginal. Too bad for her. She'll just have to redeem herself next year and make sure to zip it! ;)

Well, I ended up with the West Bend Crazy Stir popcorn popper. I was at first hesitant to steal it because it's kinda bulky. And I really don't have any room in my kitchen. And I really don't need a popcorn popper or another kitchen appliance for that matter. But I am so glad I got it because I can make kettle corn!

Okay, I have to admit that I am a big fraud. I've never had real kettle corn from a fair or carnival. I only tried it recently pre-made. But the kettle corn I make with my popper is still pretty good.

I just throw in oil, sugar, and kernels and turn it on. In a few minutes, popcorn is popping before my very eyes.
Soon the dome is filled with popcorn. I add a few dashes of salt and get homemade kettle corn in just minutes.
I've already made it four times. Isn't it neat? I really do love stuff like this. It's different, fun, and entertaining. Well, it is for me, at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've tried some creative recipes from people that make their own popcorn. you can do a lot with it. go look up some recipes.

-cuz

Tara said...

Really? Can you find them for me!? If you do, I'll make it for you. Hehe.