Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Love Story of a Spoon


This is a stop-motion picture I created for my final in my Conceptual Art class. The assignment was just to tell any story we want in any way. (Yeah, pretty open.) He just wanted us to tell it in a way we normally wouldn't. For some reason I got the idea randomly. I just knew I wanted to tell a love story about a spoon. Didn't know what, when, or how at the time. I asked my friend who my spoon should fall in love with and she jokingly said, "the moon!" I rolled with it.

It took about 800 pictures to create. I worked non-stop for about 5 hours to just take the pictures. I hope you enjoy it! I enjoyed making it (Although I'm sure my roommate thought I was a weirdo because I took pictures of a spoon for 5 hours.)

Bloopers:
- You can see my fingers holding the spoon sometimes
- You can see the white sticky stuff I used to hold up the spoon and the ruler
- You see the clips I used to hold up the scissor
- In the beginning when the ruler and tape dispenser come alive, you can see my phone behind the ruler helping it stay up
- Toward the end, when the spoon is near the window, you can see my face reflected in the window sometimes

The song is "The Blues With A Feeling" by Duke Ellington.

6 comments:

Tara said...

I love love loved it. I made Wil watch it. He didn't get it, but he's a big dorky. Hehe. And I really love the song choice.

Laura said...

He didn't get it?! =/ But he's so smart.
I hope my class gets it!!
If Wil doesn't get it, no one will!

Tara said...

Sorry, my comment was confusing. No, he got it...meaning he understood what was going on. But he didn't love it like I did. =) Get it? Got it? Good.

Tina said...

At the part when the spoon goes to the moon. Carmen say, "Is it seriously going outside? No, seriously." hehe. She's so funny. She was very concerned about that.
Carmen said, "I like the part when the spoon found someone to love and the moon didn't speak."

Tara said...

Haha! Carmen is so cute. That's so like her. She is so caring.

Laura said...

Oh.. The spoon actually didnt go to the moon. It tried but fell. Didnt you hear the crash sound at the end? That means it hit the floor.. =/