Monday, May 18, 2009

This Blog Saves TV Shows!

Really!! TV shows that I have written about have been saved from cancellation! Dollhouse, Castle and Better Off Ted are getting a second season when people have been saying they were doomed all along. Let the fans rejoice! Furthermore, United States of Tara and Party Down have already been renewed. I am a good luck charm for shows. Or maybe I just watch way way too much TV, and some are bound to stick. It is more likely the latter rather than the former. But I am still excited!

This past season, I was also watching this new show called Cupid. It's actually a remake of a 1998 show starring Jeremy Pivens with the same name and creator Rob Thomas (of Veronica Mars and Party Down). It's a cute little show about this guy who claims to be the Roman god of love, Cupid, and must make 100 matches to get back to Mt. Olympus. He does not use a bow and arrow if that is what you are thinking and doesn't look like a naked baby either. Each episode is about a new couple who finds true love...really sickeningly cute. I love that kind of stuff though. But now it may be too late because I failed to blog about it earlier. Why, Tara, why?!? I must use my powers for good! Haha!

Update 5/19/09: Cupid is officially canceled. Oh, well...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Cupid sounds kinda cute, but it would be the kinda show I would watch once in a while. It sounds like a good show where you dont need to follow the story line, you just watch it whenever. That true?

Tara said...

I added an update that Cupid has been canceled. =( And yeah, it was something you could watch whenever you wanted. But not anymore, unfortunately.

Chris said...

Hey, you're a Dollhouse saver! Did you like the season? I'm quite excited about season 2! I think everyone's a doll, even Tara... or is that even your real name? Better Off Ted is quite funny as well. Congrats on saving 2 very good shows!

Oh, and Cupid was terrible... it deserved to die...

Tara said...

For a while there, Dollhouse just wasn't cutting it. But the last few episodes were awesome. I love Alan Tudyk. I am glad it got another season...hopefully, it'll get better.

And you're right. Everyone is a friggin' doll.