Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Who Is the Mother?

If you didn't see last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother, then turn away now!

[Spoiler Alert!]

Who is the mother? The only hint is the yellow umbrella. Since I started watching the show, I honestly couldn't have cared less who the mother is because Ted's mishaps and lessons learned along the way to finding The One were fun enough for me. However, after last night's episode, I want to know more! It was a half hour filled with anticipation and an ending that left you feeling a bit unsatisfied.

In the episode, older Ted said that something monumental happened that day. And when I saw Ted take that stupid yellow umbrella with him, I was so excited. I couldn't believe that it was finally going happening--they were going to reveal the mother. In the beginning of the episode, Ted was walking along when out of nowhere someone unseen tapped his shoulder. Then the entire episode contained flashbacks to what happened earlier that day that led him to that moment. Finally we come back to the tap on the shoulder...and it's Stella!! There is no possible way that Stella is the mother because older Ted already said so earlier in the season. Those tricky bastards! Well, this doesn't mean that his chance meeting with Stella is not going to be important. I am pretty sure it is a huge turning point. But we still don't know what it all means. We'll just have to wait patiently. =(

I leave you with some funny quotes from yesterday's episode:

Marshall (obsessed with making charts): This is a pie chart describing my favorite bars. And this is a bar graph describing my favorite pies.

Barney (looking for his 199th conquest): Marshall, knowing how important this is to me, do you think Lily would even consider? I’d do all the work.
Marshall: I will end your life.

Robin: I ate something from this place and three hours later I was spewing like an open hydrant.
Ted: From where?
Robin: That's a gross question.

The intervention for Marshall and his addiction to charts:
Robin: Enough with the charts.
Barney: And the graphs
Ted: Really any visual representation of data.
Marshall: Not an idiot. 'K. I know how you guys feel about my charts and my graphs. As a matter of fact, I made a chart of your reaction to my charts. Let's take a look. Yes it is true. Since Celecia, your interest in my charts has been steadily dropping. But based on recent trends, I have also made a projection chart. And look, huge spike in interest coming. And this isn't just some dead cat bounce. This is big sustainable growth over the long term.
Barney: You're a big sustainable growth.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Ahhhhh!!! I hate spoiler alerts! I love "How I Met Your Mother," but I don't want to know! I need to catch up. Argh! It's too tempting.