Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Premieres Thursday, May 21

I don't care about American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. The winner of American Idol is being announced as I sit here blogging, but I am not interested. I just can't wait for it to be over, so So You Think You Can Dance can start its summer premiere. Woot! It starts tomorrow at 8pm. Tune in! I friggin' love this show.

The dancers are ridiculously talented, and the routines are awesome. They do stuff on this show that you will never ever see on Dancing with the Stars. It's really amazing. Actually, some of the professional dancers on Dancing with the Stars came from So You Think You Can Dance. The dancers are from all kinds of backgrounds like contemporary, hip hop, ballet and ballroom. But once they get on the show, they have to perform whatever style they pick out of a hat. You'll see a hip hopper do the most beautiful contemporary routine, and a contemporary dancer or a ballroom dancer popping and locking. It's awesome! Because of this show, I totally get and came to love contemporary dance. No, it's not just I-am-a-tree-watch-me-grow type of thing. =p It really opened my eyes.

The first few weeks start off like American Idol with auditions. You'll see great dancers and awful ones. It'll be fun and entertaining. Give it a chance, and I assure you, you will be hooked.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

oOOO.. i'm excited for the new season too. American Idol sucked this year..so looking forward to the awesomeness of SYTYCD :o)

Anonymous said...

woohoo...i agree

-you know who this is...