Sunday, May 31, 2009

Brendan Fraser and Inkheart

Apparently, the author of Inkheart, Cornelia Funke, is a big fan of Brendan Fraser. I just finished reading Inkheart and started reading the second installment of the Inkworld Trilogy, Inkspell, in which I noticed a special dedication to Brendan Fraser. It reads "To Brendan Fraser, whose voice is the heart of this book. Thanks for inspiration and enchantment. Mo wouldn't have stepped into my writing room without you, and this story would never have been told." I wondered what the connection was and found out that Brendan Fraser is actually her inspiration for the main character Mo. I thought that was neat. And she insisted that he be cast in the movie even though the producers wanted a bigger name.

When I was looking this up, I realized that we totally missed the Inkheart movie. It came out in theaters this past January! How the hell did we miss that? I guess no one watched it because none of us heard any buzz about it. What a shame. I was just telling Tina today that we should all go to watch it when it comes out. =( Now we can't. Well, I guess we can just wait for the DVD, which comes out soon on June 23, 2009. But still! I rather watch it in the theater. It better not be like Eragon! The book was great, but the movie was beyond horrific! They didn't even bother making the sequel, Eldest. Although supposedly, they already announced the Inkspell movie. That is a good sign. Hopefully, we don't miss that too.

Read Laura's earlier post on Inkheart.

3 comments:

marco said...

it would be another strike on your record if you review a brenden fraiser movie...

Tara said...

What now?! What's wrong with Brendan Fraser?

Laura said...

But i lub him too. :[