Friday, May 15, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

This past weekend I saw the Wolverine movie. I was one of the few who refused to watch the leaked version that had come out months ahead. I'm too big a fan of superhero movies to do it. Growing up, I always loved Wolverine the most of all the X-Men. I played the game on my little gameboy all the time on the bus.

So I saw the film recently and I really liked it. It had action, romance, cool superpowers, and, most importantly, big sweaty muscles! :) A lot of people thought this movie sucked. I kind of understand, because the last 20 minutes of the film were a little corny. A lot of people are saying that this movie is half about Gambit, who is only in the film for about a half hour. Gambit is a mutant who has the ability to put energy into any object that he touches. Then he can throw or swing this object with amazing force. Everyone thinks he stole the show with his awesomeness. I admit he's a very cool hero, but he did not steal the show! I am fully dedicated to Wolverine and his old fashioned ways! He's funny, tough, and has a big heart whether he likes it or not!

It was definitely worth the ticket price! I can't wait for other X-Men Origin movies to come out! I miss good superhero movies, especially ever since the epic fail of Spiderman 3. What a complete and utter let down! This film definitely whet my appetite.

I give the movie 4 stars!

2 comments:

Tara said...

You said "big sweaty muscles," Laura. I am deeply disturbed...and also agree. ;)

Durian Guy - Malaysia said...

I would only give it 3 1/2 stars. The story line is good as it depicts very well how wolverine got his claw but the fighting scene was not exciting at all.