Monday, May 11, 2009

Run Fatboy Run

I am a big fan of Simon Pegg and have been ever since I saw Shaun of the Dead. If you haven't watched Shaun of the Dead yet, you should! It is awesome! In my book, Simon Pegg can do no wrong. I even liked him in that stupid movie with David Schwimmer called Big Nothing. No one saw that movie but me probably. Yeah, because it was stupid. However, Simon Pegg made it bearable and not totally awful. He is hilarious in everything he does. Also, I appreciate English humor. So I readily watched Run Fatboy Run.

In Run Fatboy Run, Simon Pegg plays a guy who left his pregnant girlfriend at the alter. Five years later, he is still the same unreliable guy who can't finish anything he starts. Then he gets a wake-up call when he finds out that his ex-girlfriend is with someone else...someone who is better, handsomer and runs marathons. So somehow he gets it in his head that he can win her back if he completes the upcoming marathon. He only has three weeks to train and two unconventional friends to help. It has just the right amount of slapstick and heart. Simon Pegg is not only funny but can actually act. He is bloody brilliant.

No comments: