Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Heart NY?

Yes, the question mark is put there purposely. NY is one of those cities that people love to love. You know what I mean? There was a time when I thought seriously about moving there because I thought it would be cool. But I've come to terms with the fact that I am not a city girl. I was in New York today on business, and it's nice to go there once in a while. But it's too fast...too busy and bustling for me. I like the slow pace of the suburbs and the ability to drive where you want and get a parking space. And I like the trees and fresh air.

Another thing I notice every single time I go to NY is that NY is smelly. And you don't get just one smell. You get many different smells at every different corner and street. It's strange to me. Sensory overload! But it was fun for one day. Shout out to my friend in NY! Thanks for eating dinner with me today.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Shout.. out.. to.. my.. friend?!

I'm pulling rank and officially banning shout outs.

Tara said...

Shout outs are still cool, right? Okay, fine...it's banned. =(

marco said...

and as a person not living in NYC, it freaking feels like you spend an arm and a leg there everytime you go.

Tara said...

Wow! Marco, you actually agreeing with me. What a surprise! =p