Monday, May 4, 2009

Better Off Ted

We got our first topic request from a reader! Yay! Although he has threatened to drop our blog from his blogroll for unrelated reasons. He is a big meanie. =( Perhaps this post on his requested topic will persuade him otherwise...or maybe not. So yesterday, I did some research on the show, Better Off Ted. And by "research," I mean I watched a couple episodes online. (My husband mocked me when I said I had to do "research." Hehe.) I recall watching a couple episodes while on the elliptical at the gym too. The show premiered this past March but is in danger of getting canceled. So on behalf of our pain in the butt reader, I implore you to please watch! It is usually on Wednesday on CBS. But it airs on a special night this week, Tuesday, May 4, at 8:30p. Or you can watch old episodes here.

Better Off Ted is a satirical office comedy about a good guy named Ted who works for an evil corporation that manufactures questionable products. He runs the research and development department and works with two zany scientists. Ted also has to deal with his boss played by Portia de Rossi who is immoral and unethical and an alpha female if there is such a thing. Ted and his team work together on crazy inventions like meatless beef and energy patches that look exactly like band-aids. The show is entertaining and interesting, and I can see why a lot of people like this show. But please don't bite my head off when I say I just don't get it. I thought it was only okay, which made it difficult to write about. But I gave it a chance, and so should you. =)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

decent review. now go do research on all three seasons of arrested development.

Tara said...

Anonymous, you really are a pain in my butt. But I am glad you approve of the post.

Red Energy said...

I like the show. At first I thought it was a bit zany, but after realizing that everyone (even top executives) are in on being a guinea pig for those scientist's next "hair-brained" product, things just go from fun to funny! Way to go and I hope this is a series that sticks.

Laura said...

Hey... Was that a stranger? It's official! Our blog is FAMOUS!

Tara said...

Hahahaha! You're funny, Laura.

Hi, Red Energy! Thanks for commenting.